Who We Are
Stardome and its team have been sharing a love of space from its premises in Auckland’s One Tree Hill Domain since 1967. A place of exploration, research and sharing of knowledge Stardome has been regularly open for public viewing evenings and daytime visits for school trips ever since. If you went to school in Auckland or the surrounding area you probably remember your first trip to Stardome as a kid. In 1997, NZ’s first and still largest Planetarium theatre was constructed and opened on the site.
Stardome Observatory and Planetarium is grateful for the significant support it receives from the ratepayers of the Auckland region and Auckland Council, through the Auckland Regional Amenities Funding Board.
We also thank the following organisations and individuals for their generous contribution to Stardome:
- Asia New Zealand Foundation
- Auckland Astronomical Society
- Chisholm Whitney Family Charitable Trust
- Clement T Bostock
- Edith Winstone Blackwell Foundation
- Foundation North
- Mt Wellington Trust
- New Zealand Lottery Grants board
- Oxford Sports Trust
- Pub Charity
- Regional Facilities Auckland
- Sir John Logan Campbell Residuary Estate
- Sir Po-Shing Woo
- Sky City Auckland Community Trust
- The Four Winds Foundation
- The Lion Foundation
- The Southern Trust
- The Trusts Charitable Foundation
You can support Stardome and become one of our recognised sponsors through a variety of opportunities. Here are just some of the many ways you can be involved:
- Sponsor an evening or weekend daytime show and have sponsorship naming rights to that show.
- Sponsor one of our Special Tuesday night shows and have sponsorship naming rights to that show plus the chance to display your products and services to the audience of that show.
- Sponsor the purchase of new telescopes for our courtyard telescope viewing and have your organisation recognised on our promotional collateral and website.
- Sponsor the purchase of educational equipment for the Stardome’s educational or school holiday programmes and we will incorporate your organisation’s sponsorship details in our promotional collateral and on our website.
- Sponsor our annual New Zealand Astronomical Yearbook and get a free advertisement in the publication.
- Sponsor our widely distributed marketing and promotional collateral and we will include your company details in our collateral.
Depending on the size and scope of your contribution, we may be able to provide your organisation with the opportunity to visit the Stardome and watch a planetarium show as a thank you for this support. You could use this as a special gift for your customers or as a reward for your team.